Sunday, January 9, 2011

The war within - Good Vs Bad

Writing after a hiatus indeed, not sure what it was for - as it was indeed contradictory to my belief that being a part of literature in even a minute way is what I cherish the most. Nevertheless, writing again for some noble causes. Will definitely continue rather often.

Many a times there are moments of indifference in me when I just tend to think that I have yet again traveled a day forward in life's mysterious odyssey, a day close to the frantic encounter with my demise, a lot of hopes from future "either tomorrow or a week later or a year down the road" - although somewhere my heart has already compromised that nothing new has been done, nothing new will be done, nothing new can be done. I can see two extremes in me, when I endeavor to focus the chapters of life a bit arrogantly making a self centered approach, I feel puzzled every now and then, a moment later to escape away from the dilemma I try hard to find the humbleness in me, I feel it lost in the so called charisma of present rugged individualism.

There have been optimistic lessons in my life too, many being from my parents, others from teachers, well wishers, friends and coevals, whom I should have envied for my better instead of being jealous for the bad parts of selfishness. In my childhood, I read the story of a blind man for whom light was cryptic, however, he rendered threats to darkness by carrying a lamp while walking along different streets at night. A lot of fools would declare him moonstruck, the human beings better at heart would inspire from his gesture of offering light to others in the darkness in spite of the fact that light would always be a failure to him.

Morally, the story above and such stories of sacrifice are reflective that we should not sequester the decency we have in us even if our egotistical nature hates to do so. But then how many of us don't think that it’s as hard to find a diamond as to find such people in practical life. Honestly, I would have spent my time alone fighting with anxieties of darkness rather than carrying a lamp for favoring my biggest enemy had I been in place of the blind man. I was definitely inspired from him during my childhood years because innocence was my biggest weapon back then as it is to every child, time passed, it filled its hideous ornaments of selfishness in me with its passage. Time fills selfishness in everyone, what matters ultimately is to what level we can separate it from taking possession in us.

The war between idol and evil in the same human heart keeps on with life, in everyone's life I am sure there are times when evil wins over the idol different situations mentioned. Others may argue that they always win over the evil instinct; I confess that there have been so many instants where I am a looser to evil in my war of good and bad. I just regret for the situation and try to rectify the mistake before it grows big. Truth in us has to win against all haughtiness for our lives to be peaceful even in the midst of anxieties.

Happiness will be a part in us if we be a helping hand for someone in need rather than looking to abolish others’ satisfaction for our mentally must be gained type priorities. I bet even if we accompany the success of completing our priorities following the latter theory, we will make eternal happiness our biggest enemy for no reasons.

2 comments:

  1. wow....the ideas are really inspiring!!I find answers of some questions that I was in quest for...exactly the way I feel!!! nice to see you back after long....!I hope you will give writing a continuous flow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the flow in ur language n thought. ur language holds athought of innocent child n an adult at once.i really agree wid u..creative n destructive power r within us...experience overpower innocence n we become more than practical

    ReplyDelete